Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Shopping Trip: $2.15 for $20 worth of products at Rite Aid!

I had a great coupon print a few weeks ago for $4 off any $20 purchase (after Wellness Rewards) at Rite Aid. It expired today, and I knew I had to use it before it expired!

It didn't work out entirely as I'd hoped, but each couponing trip is hardly ever flawless. They require a lot of planning and this was a relatively last-minute plan.


Here's what I got...
1 Almay lip gloss for $6.29
1 Colgate Total toothpaste, regularly $3.79, on sale for $3.50 this week with a $3 UP reward.
1 Colgate 360 toothbrush, $3.99, on sale for $2.99 with a $2 UP reward printing.
4 M&Ms, on sale for .59
3 TicTacs, on sale 3 for $3, with a $1 UP reward printing when you buy 2.
2 greeting cards (not part of the original plan, but I did need these!) = $3.69 and $4.69
Total before coupons = $26.52

Coupons Used:
- (2) .75/2 M&Ms coupons (from tear pad inside CVS store)
- (1) $4/1 Almay makeup coupon (Expired today!)
- (1) $1/1 Colgate toothpaste coupon
- $4/20 Rite Aid coupon



Here's the problem I ran into. The $4 off $20 coupon was after all Wellness rewards, but the cashier told me it was after all coupons. So, I had to get my total to $20 after coupons before I could use my $4 off, which was fine - but I thought it would be before coupons. Thankfully I had the greeting cards to drive the total up!


Out of pocket, I paid $16.53.
However, I now have UP rewards to use on my next purchase at Rite Aid:
$3 UP reward from purchase of Colgate toothpaste
$2 UP reward from purchase of Colgate toothbrush
$1 UP reward from 3 Tic Tacs
= Out of Pocket total of $10.53, less the 2 greeting cards I needed to buy anyways 
= $2.15 total!

No comments:

Post a Comment