Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hello, New Readers!

I've been informed that my dad tells everyone he sees about my coupon blog - HAHA! After all, I did learn how to save from my parents. My mom is always finding awesome deals at the mall, and my dad's always finding his deals, too! If you know my dad, you know he loves his swimming pool, and he hunts for a new one at the end of each summer. :)

Because I know not everyone is too familiar with couponing, I would like to help everyone get started. It takes a little while to get used to stores' coupon policies and how to coupon successfully, but I promise you it is worth it. If you find that you have questions or just want to say hello, please email me at zacherashley@gmail.com.


If you are new and just getting started, please click HERE to read a previous post that I wrote! This post will detail everything you need to know about how to get started and what couponing is like at first.

Also, click HERE for a step-by-step shopping guide that will show you how to prepare and successfully execute a good shopping trip! :)




Some tips from me:

1. Print coupons that you think you'll use, but don't print every single coupon available. Coupons.com has a ton of great coupons that reset each month. You can print two per computer. They do run out, so if there is a coupon you know you will use, snatch it up! If you see a coupon for something you never buy, or wouldn't ever buy, it may not be worth the paper and ink to print it.

2. Don't rush it. It will come with time. You won't have a stock pile like on Extreme Couponing right away (or probably ever), but it doesn't mean you can't try!

3. Stock up when there are good sales, but don't beat yourself up over missing out. Every sale recycles. I swear, Target has the same deals once every 2 months. So does Giant Eagle. Most of these deals will come around again!

4. You may spend more out of pocket when you're first starting out. Places like Target, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc., that have rewards programs will become your best friend. However, in order to get the Extra Care bucks, Target gift cards, and Walgreens Register Rewards, you do have to spend some money out of pocket.

5. Roll your rewards for a lower Out of Pocket! Rolling rewards is a smart idea, because you'll pay less out of pocket. For example, there's a deal at Target that offers a $5 gift card when you buy 3 shampoos. The first time around, you'll pay the cost of the shampoos minus the coupons, and you'll get a $5 gift card. The next time you're in the store, or on your next transaction, you can use that $5 gift card. If that offer on your second trip will give a $5 gift card, you can use your 1st $5 gift card to pay for it, making your total $5 less. It's confusing, but it's worth it to "roll" your rewards.

As always, please let me know if you need any help at all! There are lots of previous posts that break down deals and I try to explain them as best as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment