Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My TOPS Trip: Week of 8/31

I'm sure many of those reading this don't have a TOPS Friendly Markets, but I wanted to share a GREAT deal I got there this week!

This week, Tops has a special promotion going on for certain Kellogg's products. When you purchase 10, you'll instantly get $10 off at the register - so that's like an additional $1 off per item!

I quickly scoped out my coupons and the items on sale to see what deals would work best for me. I was trying to gather the last of my items for donation to a local women's shelter, and maybe a few items for us.

Here's the breakdown I ended up with! And wait til you see my total spent.. I was so excited!

Pop Tarts
Purchased: 10 @ $1.67 each = $16.70
Used: (2) $1/3 Poptarts printable coupon (KelloggsFamilyRewards.com - this one does not require any rewards points to print!)
Used: (1) .40/1 Wild Cherry Poptarts coupon
Used: (2) $.75/1 PopTarts printable coupon (cashed in 500 points on KFR website)
= $16.70 - $10 instantly - $1 - $1 - $.80 - $1.50 - $1.50 = $.90 for 10 boxes!




Eggos, Poptarts, and Cereal
Needed to purchase 10 total to get $10 off
Purchased: 4 Eggos, 1 Rice Krispies, 1 Keebler cookies, and 4 Poptarts (Eggos and Keeblers not pictured)

Total:
4 Eggos @ $2.50 = $10
1 Keebler cookies = $2.50
4 Poptarts = $6.67
1 Rice Krispies = $2.50

= $21.68

Used:
(2) $.75/1 Eggos (Cashed in KFR rewards points)
(1) $1/2 Eggos (from 8/3 RP)
(1) .50/1 Rice Krispies coupon (from Kelloggs.com, no points needed)
= $21.68 - $10 off instantly - $1.50 - $1.50 - $1 - $1 = $6.68 for all 10 items



Betty Crocker Potatoes = $1 each
Purchased 8
Used $1/2 peelies that I had from purchasing them prior
= 8 for $4



CLIF Mojo Bars = 10 for $10
Purchased 3
Used 3 $.50/1 coupons (from a July SS insert)
= Free!!



Before coupons and store sale prices, my total was $71.79!
After store sales and coupons.. My total was $11.54!!

I saved $61! How exciting! I probably could've done a little bit better on the Eggo/Poptarts haul.. but I had forgotten a few coupons at home and I decided it wasn't worth it to try and come back the next day to save one more dollar. Plus, most of this is going to the women's shelter.. Hope they like PopTarts!


One more thing - Can you believe that there are so many flavors of Pop Tarts?! Holy cow. I purchased a total of 14 boxes, and not one flavor was a repeat. Plus, there was probably 4 or 5 kinds I didn't buy.. How crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment